Language in Ontentzu
- -dono – Roughly equivalent to ‘Lord’. An honorific reserved for heads or former heads of samurai households.
- -sama – Formal term of respect, used when addressing individuals of much higher station, or when addressing someone in a particularly polite manner.
- -san – General term of respect.
- -kun – Used when addressing someone of inferior status, or for male children.
- -chan – Diminutive. Used when addressing babies or small children, girls, pets, or very close friends.